This is bittersweet, yes Mommy is drying up! I always hated pumping but have been doing it (although probably not diligently enough) while I have been working, but regardless I keep getting less and less milk. There isn't even enough for Olive to nurse and be full! I have mixed emotions about it - on one hand I am excited to wear normal bras again, but on the other hand I am sad that I won't be able to provide my daughter with the good momma's milk.
My initial goal was to breastfeed for 6 months, and I feel proud that I was able to do that and then some - and she had exclusively breast milk until she was about 5-1/2 months old! Olive loves her bottle (is even holding it herself now) and she likes formula, and she has started to bite the nipple (mine [OUCH!] and the bottles) so for her its really not a big deal. And I still get to cuddle with her when she eats, so that part I won't lose!
So I guess we will just use up the milk supply in the freezer (probably less than 2 weeks worth) and be done with momma's milk! Next time I think I might make friends with the pump earlier, so at least we will have a freezer supply for just a little longer!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment