Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker

Wednesday, August 19

She is here!

Olive Jenifer Robertson was born on Saturday August 15th, 2009 at 11:26pm. She was a perfect 7 lbs. 10 oz. and 20 inches long!!

Labor was relatively quick - I was induced and my water was broken at 3:30pm and the contractions started quickly. They put me on pitocin but only at 1.0 and the contractions came fast and furious - so they actually turned off the pitocin after 3o minutes, I didn't really need it! I was dilated to a 4 almost 5 when I asked for the epideral! I could never have imagined the pain of contractions, like someone was ripping off your lower half - Crazy!!

The anestheiologist was fabulous, it only took him about a minute to get it in, but I still had to work through a few contractions in the process (thanks to my labor nurse for letting me squeeze her thighs). The drugs were fabulous! But I could still feel the pressure from the contractions in my bum (it was weird). It only took another 3 hours to dilate to 10, but then another hour to get her to move down a little. Then the doctor said it was okay to start pushing - that started about 8:30pm. 3 HOURS later she was finally born!! The pushing was HELL!! She was twisted a little and couldn't get under my pelvic bone, the doctor had to try to rotate her a few times which made her slip back up - so I kind of had to do the work twice. Finally with a little tiny assist from the vaccuum, she was born at 11:26pm!!! The exhaustion from pushing turned into euphoria - I really couldn't believe my little girl was here!

So in total the birth process took about 8 hours from start to finish, which really isn't that bad for my first baby! I am grateful for that!!

She is adorable and we are loving her as we ride this ride of new parenthood. Will post pics as soon as I can get to the other computer!!

No comments:

Post a Comment